Top 50 SailPoint Interview Question and Answers for 2021
Are you looking for the right material to gain overall knowledge of frequently asked SailPoint interview questions and answers? Well, then you are at the right place! SailPoint is one of the widely used IAM tools by organizations in order to provide the right access to the right users at the right time and for the right purpose. Increased deployment of SailPoint has created a good amount of job opportunities for skilled SailPoint professionals.
By keeping the learning needs of freshers as well as experienced candidates in mind, we have gathered a list of SailPoint interview questions from industry experts. Mastering these questions would surely help you with the right knowledge to crack SailPoint interviews. Let’s get into the main part without wasting any extra time. All the very best!
Frequently Asked SailPoint Interview Questions and Answers
1. What is SailPoint?
SailPoint is an Open-source identity governance platform that enables companies to make an identity-qualified enterprise setup by combining design, data, plus applications in one aligned stream.
2. What is a governance platform?
Governance Platform promotes the centralization of identity data, risk modeling, business policy, and roles for maintaining user lifecycle plus compliance initiatives. It is used to manage business policy roles, centralize identity data, and risk modeling tasks to support contract actions, including user lifecycle.
3. What is the use of audit configuration?
Audit configuration is used to specify the actions collected over different audit logs. The system administrator is the one who specifies actions that are subjected to audit.
If you wish to learn real-time SailPoint IAM skills and get into your dream job
with great placement assistance, then check out our expert’s designed
4. List the certifications available in SailPoint?
The certifications available in SailPoint are:
5. List the different layers in cloud architecture?
The different layers in cloud architecture are:
6. What do you know about the exclusion rule?
An exclusion rule is an accreditation to eliminate a part of characters using explicit credits to be held separate from the certification.
7. List the cloud models that you can apply SailPoint solutions directly?
SailPoint solutions are directly applied to the following cloud models:
- Private cloud
- Public cloud
- Hybrid cloud
- Community cloud
8. What are the types of roles we can create using SailPoint?
There are two types of roles we can create using SailPoint and they are:
- Business roles
- IT roles
9. Why do we use role type?
The role type is used to manage roles to perform different capacities within your plan of action. For example, the type may be used to manage the legacy or else programmed task of roles.
10. What is correlation?
Correlation is a process of combining all the data discovered through identityIQ (identity attributes, activity, entitlements, history, policy violations, certification status, and so on) to build and manage identityIQ Identity cubes.
There are two types of correlations in SailPoint and they are:
- Accounts correlation
- Manager correlation
11. What is authentication?
Authentication is the process of recognizing the user identity who is accessing the given system. This process is done by comparing the credentials entered by the user with the credentials present in the database of the authorized user information inside the authentication server or on a local OS(operating system).
12. What is authorization?
Authorization is a process of choosing what type of activities you will be going to allow access to. Usually, authorization is utilized within the context of a previously authenticated identity.
13. Explain containerized data centres in the cloud environment?
Containerized data centre is a form of OS virtualization by which applications can run in an isolated user-space called containers, by using the same shared operating system.
14. List the types of provisioning?
There are three types of provisioning they are:
- Automated provisioning
- Work-flow based provisioning
- Self-service provisioning
15. What is the use of identityIQ LCM?
IdentityIQ LCM empowers privileged users and business owners and requests access independently. LCM proactively reset or modify passwords. Quickens the delivery of access with the guidance of automated identity lifecycle events through actions like transfers, promotions, hires, including terminations.
16. What does identity intelligence do?
Identity Intelligence modifies specialized character data scattered over various enterprise frameworks within handily comprehended, concentrated, and business-significant data, including reports, dashboards, and advanced ERPs.
17. Explain the key features of SailPoint?
Few main features of SailPoint are:
- Identity Governance
- Mobile support
- Account management
- Automated user provisioning
- Password management
- Compliance control
- Access rights request
The abbreviation of APMFA is Application-level multi-factor authentication.
19. What is the method that keeps the data secure while transporting it into the cloud?
Attention must be given to the encryption key and also make certain the same is performed along with the data or the files.
20. What is cloud computing?
Cloud computing delivers various services via the internet, including data, storage, networking, database, and software. Using cloud-based storage, we can store the data on a remote device and retrieve them on demand.
21. How many types of cloud computing service models are available?
There are three different types of cloud computing service models they are:
- Infrastructure as a Service(IaaS)
- Platform as a Service(PaaS)
- Software as a Service(SaaS)
22. What is mobile computing?
Mobile Computing is a technology that gives an environment that allows users to transfer data from one device to another without the use of any physical link or cables. It is one of the quickest and most secure sectors of the computing technology field.
23. Explain native identity?
Native Identity is the identity that is instantly made within the IIQ environment, much against the natural way of building it within the source of the systems that are targeted.
24. What is the EUCALYPTUS approach?
EUCALYPTUS is an approach we can use to link programs to useful systems. It is also used for clustering within the cloud environment so that identities can be operated on a complex network very efficiently.
25. How can we eliminate the need of writing complex programs in the Cloud?
We can eliminate the need of writing complex programs again and again in the cloud with the help of the Application Programming Interface.
26. What are the components that are present in cloud architecture?
Cloud infrastructure consists of hardware plus software components like data storage, virtualization software, server, etc. It also presents a Graphical User Interface to the end-users to complete respective tasks.
27. What do you know about Hypervisor?
The hypervisor is a VM monitor used to manage the resources for a virtual machine within the cloud. There are two types of hypervisor they are:
Type1 directly runs over the host hardware
Type2 requires a host operating system for running over a hardware
Oracle virtual box
28. List the types of Lifecycle events?
Actions that happen in IIQ related to the life cycles of an employee are called lifecycle events. There are three types of lifecycle events they are:
29. What are the types of modes of approval?
There are two types of modes of approval they are:
30. List the key drivers of IAM?
The four different key drivers of IAM are:
- Improved security
- Compliance and audit
- Operational efficiency
- Business enablement
31. What do you know about a connector?
A connector is a medium among Other systems plus the SailPoint repository—the connector assists to import data within the SailPoint database from other systems and vice versa.
32. What are the main stages of the Identity Life Cycle in typical IDM?
Stages of the Identity Life Cycle in typical IDM are:
- New user creation or Onboarding.
- Account maintenance like Password management, role addition, and so on.
- Termination, Departing, or off-boarding the user.
33. List the different types of roles in IIQ?
There are four types of default roles in IdentityIQ they are:
- Organizational: This organizes the roles within the IdentityIQ UI for simpler management.
- Business: This identifies the titles or job functions.
- IT: This encapsulates sets of system entitlements.
- Entitlement: This describes specific system entitlements.
34. Explain role mining?
Role mining is a process of creating entitlement either by following a bottom-up approach or top to bottom approach; the role and organization unit is called role mining.
35. What do you know about the Rule library?
Rule Libraries are accumulations of methods that have been assorted together and saved in IdentityIQ as a Rule object. They include a set of related yet unconnected methods that can be summoned directly by workflow steps or additional rules.
36. Assume there are performance issues; what actions will you take to resolve them?
The load and the performance testing are something that would be very helpful for you, but this would be done in the primary stage. The next thing you can do is to analyze the code. Furthermore, the operation support and the recruitment can be done. We have to pay utmost attention to the data files, disk space availability, and to factors that improve downtime.
37. What is the exclusion rule?
Exclusion rule is written for certification to eliminate some of the identities, including a particular attribute to be dropped out of the certificate. For example, To eliminate an identity that is from a specific department, we can write an exclusion rule within Sail point.
38. What is the investment type needed in cloud architecture?
Well, the investments are almost nought than in case one requires a dedicated cloud. Cloud technology is indeed safe and secure in every perspective as it makes sure of the just-in-time infrastructure.
39. What is an identity warehouse?
The Identity Warehouse is at the gist of the Governance Platform serving as the central repository for identity, including access data across all companies’ IT applications within the data centre and the cloud. The warehouse is populated by importing user data from any authoritative source (example., HRMS) and user account and entitlement data from business databases, applications, platforms, and other systems.
40. What do you know about lifecycle managers?
Identity IQ, Life cycle Manager, delivers any business-oriented clarification to deliver access securely plus cost-effectively through:
- Self-Service access request
- Automated provisioning
41. List SailPoint innovations in identity management?
SailPoint is exceptionally equipped to support any organization to run a successful identity management program with the following industry innovations.
- Risk-based approach
- Unified architecture
- Flexible last-mile provisioning approach
- High scalability and performance
- Centralized governance over cloud environments and data centres
42. What are various components that are useful in cloud architecture?
The first thing that matters most is the speed of the processor. Following useful components are Cloud Ingress plus Intra-cloud communications. Furthermore, effective Cloud Provided Services, including storage services, are also necessary.
43. What can we do to migrate the data within the cloud system securely?
To securely migrate the data, we have to pay utmost attention to the encryption key and ensure that the equivalent is actualized beside the documents or the given information.
44. What is an “spt application”?
Spt application is one of the important tables of the database for SailPoint IdentityIQ.
45. Assume you have only 30 seconds, and you have to take over a project where almost complete development is done; how are you going to review the existing code?
Probably the typical methods are to survey the unit experiments employed during advancement; furthermore, upon the off chance that we run every one of the utilization cases within the debugger method of the IDE as it is operating to provide me with a superior picture at a time when a particular strategy is entreated.
46. What will you do to validate the performance of a build within the SailPoint environment?
To validate the performance of a build within the SailPoint environment, I will simply do load testing of 20% more users than the projected number.
47. How an organisation is represented in SailPoint?
The organization is represented within SailPoint by blending all the systems/target systems of that appropriate organization in SailPoint.
48. List some examples of SailPoint Identity cube?
Few examples of SailPoint Identity cube are:
- Identity attributes
- Application accounts
- Risk source
- Policy violations
- User rights
49. What is application Onboarding?
Application onboarding is a whole procedure of confirming the availability, get the client data from applications within the SailPoint IIQ is known as SailPoint onboarding.
50. List the types of extended attributes present in SailPoint?
There are eight types of extended attributes present in SailPoint:
Finally, we are at the end of this SailPoint interview questions and answers. Preparing these interview questions would surely help you in acquiring the confidence to clear any SailPoint interview. Hope you found this blog helpful. Keep learning and all the very best!